I came across this yummy recipe fro granola I thought I would share with you!
Extra crunchy coconut granola with slivered almonds, dried blueberries, and rolled oats! 10 ingredients, naturally-sweetened, butter-free, and the perfect healthy breakfast or snack.
Recipe type: Breakfast, Snack
Serves: 3 1/4 cups
- 1 1/2 cups (135 g) rolled oats
- 1/2 cup (40 g) unsweetened coconut flake (large flakes are best)
- 1/2 cup (54 g) slivered raw almonds (or raw almonds, chopped)
- 1/2 cup (50 g) raw pecan halves
- 1 Tbsp (12 g) coconut sugar
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 3 Tbsp (45 ml) coconut oil
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) maple syrup
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- optional: 1/4 cup dried fruit (my favorite is blueberry)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Add oats, coconut, almonds, pecans, coconut sugar, and salt to a large mixing bowl – stir to combine.
- To a small saucepan, add coconut oil and maple syrup. Warm over medium heat for 2-3 minutes, whisking frequently until the two are totally combined and there is no visible separation. Add vanilla, whisk once more.
- Immediately pour over the dry ingredients and stir to combine until all oats and nuts are thoroughly coated. Arrange on a large baking sheet and spread into an even layer.
- Bake for 20 minutes, then remove from oven and turn the pan around so the other end goes into the oven first (so it bakes evenly).
- To keep this granola chunky, don’t stir during baking, or right after. This will help it form together and create “chunks”, so handle as little as possible!
- Bake 5-7 minutes more, watching carefully as to not let it burn. You’ll know it’s done when the granola is golden brown and very fragrant.
- Let cool completely before enjoying. Add dried fruit to the pan while the granola is cooling (optional). Break into clumps.
- Store in a sealed bag or container at room temperature for 2 weeks, or in the freezer for up to 1 month.
- This is delicious as is, or with almond or coconut milk, flax seed meal, hemp seeds, and banana!
Serving size: 1/4 (1 of 13 total servings) Calories: 159 Fat: 10.5 g Saturated fat: 5.1 Carbohydrates: 14.6 g Sugar: 5.6 g Sodium: 38 mg Fiber: 2.5 g Protein: 2.8 g