During and before New Year’s Day, many people often decide to make resolutions for themselves for the New Year. After these resolutions come the predictions for the New Year—for 2023 this for go-around. Have you made any predictions for 2023?
The skill of predicting involves forecasting what is believed will occur in the future. The accuracy of predictions likely is mostly based on our prior knowledge, experiences, observations and even research.
An Asian version of prediction is based upon astrological signs of the Chinese Zodiac. 2023 is the year of the Water Rabbit, starting from January 22nd, 2023 (Chinese New Year), and ending on February 9th, 2024 (Chinese New Year’s Eve). Years of the Rabbit include 2023, 2011, 1999, 1987, 1975, 1963, 1951,1939, 1927 and so on. The sign of Rabbit is a symbol of longevity, peace, and prosperity in Chinese culture. People born in a year of the Rabbit are called “Rabbits” and are believed to be vigilant, witty, quick-minded, and ingenious. Albert Einstein, David Beckham, Michael Jordan, Lionel Messi, to name but a few better known persons, are Rabbits.
While Nostradamus predicts a year of conflict and turmoil, Chinese astrology predicts 2023 to be a year of hope. Hmmmm….which one to choose? Let’s choose to be optimistic and go with the latter!
Here are some examples of on-line 2023 predictions:
- World population forecasted to reach 7,991,396,000
- World sales of electric vehicles reaches 8,546,667
- 10% of reading glasses will be connected to the internet.
- 80% of people on earth will have a digital presence online.
- The Japan Aerospace Exploration Agency launches the world’s first wooden satellite
- 90% of the global population will have a supercomputer in their pocket.
- The COVID-19 pandemic ends
- New study reveals potential for extending lifespan with genetically engineered, solar-powered cells
華語服務客戶經理: Helen Huang 華語：416.880.6889 or