It can be very beneficial and should make the period of home lockdown and social distancing more manageable for both parents and children if a daily routine is in place.
Below is an example parents could follow:
- Appropriate screen time 15- 30 mins. for ages 3-7 – and 45 mins-1hr for ages 8 and up
- Building blocks activities 15 mins for young ones and Chapter reading for older to teen.
- Story reading 15 mins for young ones and some school work for older up to teen, even if it is a repeat of work they did already for 30 mins.
- Puzzles mania. Age-appropriate puzzles for all 30-45 mins
- Art activity for all- drawing, colouring, cutting, gluing 30 mins
- The categorized guessing game: Who or what am I? Each individual takes a turn doing or being someone or something that others have to guess. 30 mins- 1 hour depending on how many are involved.
- Screen time and relaxation.
- Evening chores-bath etc
- Create a storytime. Each creates their own story but it should be categorized and fun/dance time with music
- Family movie time.
Be safe. Be positive. Be hopeful. Do your part and do it well for all of us and REMEMBER DISTANT SESSIONS ARE AVAILABLE. Keeping you in mind.
Little Black Rose Family Services 647-891-6656