It would be great if there was a shortcut. It would be nice if it didn’t take work.
Unfortunately – to live a healthy, happy, long, fulfilling, high-energy, pain-free, productive life – we need to put in the effort!
Here are 5 key ways (in no particular order) to help us do that…
1. Drink roughly half your Healthy Body weight (in lbs), in ounces of water every day (i.e. 200 lb person should drink 100 oz of water every day).
2. Eat the best quality, naturally occurring, minimally processed, whole foods that you can get your hands on.
3. Get outside in the sun every day for a reasonable amount of time. This depends on where you live and of course don’t get burned. If you’re not getting out you may want to look into supplementing with vitamin D.
4. Do something that challenges your muscles and cardiovascular system on a regular basis (minimum 3x per week). One of the best ways to do this is lifting weights in the gym. But activities like playing sports, running, hiking, biking or dancing (the list is endless) are great ways to do this as well. Also, there are many health benefits in a simple 30-minute walk every day!
5. Do the things that you need to do in order for your Healthy Body to recover. Sleep is number 1 on this list but can also include things like stretching (perhaps a Fascial Stretch Ã°Å¸Ëœâ€°), foam rolling, getting treatments from a therapist (Chiro, Massage, etc), Yoga, Hypopressives and the list goes on from there.