There are specific things that can be done to improve or increase self-esteem. Here are a few ideas that you can do on your own.
Nine Things You Can Do To Increase Self Esteem
1. Increase the number of positive things you say to yourself, about yourself.
2. Decrease the number of negative things you say to yourself, about yourself.
3. Practice giving and receiving genuine compliments.
4. Develop a more realistic view of the world and your place in it.
- Develop an appreciation of your own worth.
- Accept that you are not responsible for the emotional reactions of others.
5. Accept your weaknesses and mistakes.
6. Learn to refrain from comparing yourself to others. Comparisons are deadly!
7. Work at reducing indecisiveness.
8. Limit the number of commitments you make. Balance your life.
9. Use your imagination-spend time regularly recalling your successes.
When choosing a hypnotherapist, it is important to be sure that he or she is qualified. Pierre Benoit, CHt, RCCH, is a member of the Association of Registered Clinical Hypnotherapists of Canada (ARCH) and of the International Medical and Dental Hypnotherapy Association (IMDHA) and can be reached at (514)472-3535.