Traditional Chinese Medicine Acupuncturists have been trained in much more than pain reduction, elimination, and management. In fact, the World Health Organization recognizes acupuncture to help with over 100 health conditions.
- Musculoskeletal problems (back/ neck pain, carpel tunnel syndrome, tendon/muscle strain, sprains)
- Anxiety, Sleep, Stress
- Hormonal Issues
- Improved Immune System and much more…
How and Why Acupuncture Works
- There is a vital energy called qi that runs through pathways along the Healthy Body called channels or meridians. These energetic pathways carry qi. Acupuncture restores the proper flow of qi to bring balance to the Healthy Body (equilibrium).
- Acupuncture stimulates endorphins, the Healthy Body’s natural pain relievers.
- Acupuncture affects the part of the brain that governs serotonin, a brain chemical involved with mood.
- Acupuncture works with the nervous system by triggering signals that interrupt pain messages being sent to the brain.