We have all had sore feet from time to time, but what are the most common issues that cause sore feet? Tom from The Foot Lab in Edmonton gives us his opinion.
- Plantar Fasciitis – Number one by a long, long way is Plantar Fasciitis – pain in the heel that is worst when rising in the morning or after resting that lessens after a few moments but worsens throughout the day,
- Metatarsalgia – pain at the bottom of the ball of the foot that is worst on hard surfaces.
- Tendinitis – that occurs in any of the tendons – pain in a linear direction of that specific tendon that is worst when stressed.
- Bursitis – pain, and swelling of the Busa – a sac filled with synovial fluid.
- Severs Disease – a condition most often seen in boys from age 8 – 13, pain in the heel caused by separation of the growth plate from the bone caused by too much activity/sports.