All of us suffer from pain from injuries, accidents or chronic conditions at some point in our lives. Most of us have some sort of arthritis or joint pain, and most people experience some sort of tendon or ligament injury or simply sore muscles at some point. These things are normal occurrences in a busy active lifestyle and our bodies are built to repair them. However sometimes our Healthy Body needs help, or the pain is so severe that it hinders our daily lives. When your quality of life is suffering, research if cold laser therapy might be the answer.
There are several foot conditions that can be treated with Cold LASER Therapy. These include:
- Joint pain of the balls of the feet, midfoot, toes, and ankle
- Arthritis, osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis later pain relief
- Peripheral neuropathy
- Plantar fasciitis, arch pain, and heel spurs
- Achilles tendonitis (and other forms of tendonitis)
- Strains and sprains
Cold LASER: How Does it Work?
The LASER’s light is applied around the area where the pain is being experienced. When this happens, the electromagnetic energy within each cell becomes chemical energy. This begins a chemical reaction chain, which sets off the healing process. The cell’s chemical reaction facilitates several occurrences, including:
- It increases endorphin release, which reduces pain
- It improves tissue strength
- It stimulates tissue repair and healing
- It increases lymphocyte activity levels, thus strengthening the immune system
- It increases ATP and protein synthesis, which improves growth factor response in the cells and tissue
- Improves the level of ATP and sets off the activity of enzymes in the cells that are targeted.
- It facilitates improved cellular oxygenation and detoxification
- It facilitates faster healing of wounds
- It decreases inflammation and swelling
It stimulates and helps improve nerve function
Cold LASER Therapy (Low-Level Laser Therapy, or LLLT) is a technique that European clinics have used for over thirty-five years. Additionally, more than 3,500 published scientific papers (on studies) have appeared worldwide, including ones published and accepted by The Ottawa Panel. Cold LASER Therapy has gained a great deal of favour amongst North American athletes.
Cold LASER treatments are non-toxic and painless, and there have not been any reported side effects. The only sensation you might feel during treatment is a very mild tingling. Many patients feel absolutely nothing. Six to fifteen treatment sessions may be required.