Dr. Nora Pope is delighted to offer a one-day seminar on “Progesterone BHRT & Cycle Charting” for naturopathic doctors.
This lecture will give you 6 CE credits. The event will take place on Sat February 25th, 2017 from 8:30 am to 4:00 pm at her Rosedale clinic in downtown Toronto. (158 Crescent Road, Suite 405)
The Content will comprise of (and not limited to):
- Intro to Cycle charting, Defining Pre-Peak & Post-Peak, Achieve pregnancy, Postpone pregnancy, Diagnosing infertility, Improving Obstetrics & Maternal-based care
- Review of male and female anatomy
- The role of seminal fluid in maintaining life-span of sperm
- Detailed overview of the physiology of ovulation, its effects on the endometrium; the role and timing of hormones throughout the entire cycle & their actions on ovulation, endometrial function and menstruation; the role and timing of cervical fluid (types E and G); the role and timing of the opening & closing of the cervix
- Detailed overview of charting the physiological signs of hormonal triggers for menstruation, cervical fluid production, and pregnancy and menstruation
- Methodology for identifying physiological signs and subsequent charting codes
- Application of charting to identify ovulation, postpone pregnancy during breastfeeding, regular cycles, irregular cycles, ensuring positive birth outcomes
- Application of charting to diagnose infertility to include luteal phase dysfunction, LUFS, ovarian cysts, PCOS, ovarian dysfunction, uterine polyps, low progesterone, autoimmune conditions, hypothyroidism, dysfunctional spotting & bleeding both before and after the menses
- Timing of blood tests and ultrasounds done in cooperation with the individual patient’s cycle: assessing infertility with Day 3 Blood work, Mid-luteal Blood work (“Day 21 No More”), Ultra-sounds, Thyroid function, Adrenal function
- Ideal estrogen & progesterone blood levels in both pregnant and non-pregnant women.
- Detailed ultra sound images before, during and after ovulation.
- Pharmaceutical treatments to include: Bio-identical Progesterone HRT, Low Dose Naltrexone, Antibiotics, HcG for men & women, Mucus enhancers.
- How to dose progesterone for infertility, pregnancy and perimenopause in order to maintain ideal blood levels.
- Why is Progesterone so low? Treat the whole person and Treat the cause by looking at seemingly unrelated relationships (elevated histamine, low cyclic AMP, seizures, autoimmune conditions, MS, RA, Chrohn’s)
- Botanical Medicine & Clinical nutrition for PMS, PCOS, Endometriosis, Hypothyroidism, Adrenal fatigue, male factor.