There are specific things that can be done to improve or increase self-esteem. Here are a few ideas that you can do on your own.
Nine Things You Can Do To Increase Self Esteem
1. Increase the number of positive things you say to yourself, about yourself.
2. Decrease the number of negative things you say to yourself, about yourself.
3. Practice giving and receiving genuine compliments.
4. Develop a more realistic view of the world and your place in it.
5. Accept your weaknesses and mistakes.
6. Learn to refrain from comparing yourself to others. Comparisons are deadly!
7. Work at reducing indecisiveness.
8. Limit the number of commitments you make. Balance your life.
9. Use your imagination-spend time regularly recalling your successes.
When choosing a hypnotherapist, it is important to be sure that he or she is qualified. Pierre Benoit, CHt, RCCH, is a member of the Association of Registered Clinical Hypnotherapists of Canada (ARCH) and of the International Medical and Dental Hypnotherapy Association (IMDHA) and can be reached at (514)472-3535.
Mr. Pierre Benoit is the owner and operator of Hypnotherapy and Counselling Clinic (Clinique d'hypnothérapie et de relation d'aide). Mr Benoit worked as a Specialized Educator and Child and Family Counselor from 1977 to 1998. He worked at the following agencies:
From 1996 to 2004 Mr. Benoit opened the Institut International de Formation et de Ressourcement Inc. where he taught, in different agencies and companies throughout Quebec, intervention techniques to handle verbal and physical aggression. His programs were also accepted by cégeps where he taught his program such as Cégep de St-Jérôme, Cégep Marie-Victorin, LaSalle College.
Through his need to better himself, he was certified as a Neuro-Linguistic Programming Master Practitioner and started learning hypnosis as a modality for change to help his clients better themselves. He decided to specialize in hypnotherapy and, in 2004, he opened the Clinique d’hypnothérapie et de relation d’aide where he has been working full-time helping people reconnect with their potential for success.