What are the top 5 causes of sore feet?
We have all had sore feet
We have all had sore feet from time to time, but what are the most common issues that cause sore feet? Tom from The Foot Lab in Edmonton gives us his opinion.
- Plantar Fasciitis - Number one by a long, long way is Plantar Fasciitis - pain in the heel that is worst when rising in the morning or after resting that lessens after a few moments but worsens throughout the day,
- Metatarsalgia - pain at the bottom of the ball of the foot that is worst on hard surfaces.
- Tendinitis - that occurs in any of the tendons - pain in a linear direction of that specific tendon that is worst when stressed.
- Bursitis - pain, and swelling of the Busa - a sac filled with synovial fluid.
- Severs Disease - a condition most often seen in boys from age 8 - 13, pain in the heel caused by separation of the growth plate from the bone caused by too much activity/sports.
The Foot Lab in Edmonton, AB specializes in custom orthopedic footwear, custom inserts, orthotics and footwear modifications. Visit Tom Lemke, our Certified Pedorthic Master Craftsman if you require custom-made shoes, custom insoles or other orthopedic footwear to improve posture, relieve pain or improve balance.
Tom Lemke has been making custom footwear for Canadians for over 30 years.
Tom became a Certified Pedorthic Master Craftsman in 1996, and a few years later in 2003 he started his own orthopedic, orthotic and pedorthic practice: The Foot Lab. Located in Edmonton, Alberta, The Foot Lab serves clients from Grande Prairie to Nova Scotia and beyond. Check out our website http://www.footlab.ca/
Call us now to book an appointment: 780-477-2552
Custom Footwear, Custom Inserts, Custom Insoles, Orthotics, Footwear Modifications